Sunday 5 August 2012

Day 2 = Beach Time!

So I met myself a partner in crime for the Lisbon leg of my journey, and my new friend Harry and I hit up an amazing dinner last night. For a reasonable fee we dined on grilled swordfish and steamed broccoli, with a healthy dose of white wine to start us off!

Later on I brought out the trusty cards and got about 10 people going on a few rowdy games. The hostel had a keg in the fridge (all you can drink) so I had no shortage of willing partiers! We hit up the town with a vengeance, and man was I crowded! There was literally people EVERYWHERE and it's totally acceptable to buy a drink and just walk around with it. Harry and I kept leaving the group and finding better drink prices... Party veterans haha.

The beach at Cascais.
Ending the night dancing away, we met 2 great Aussies, and quickly decided to hit the beach the next morning.
Davey and Jess chilling in the sun.

To get there is a half hour train, which to buy tickets for you must use a pretty defunct, slow machine... For which there's a huge line. I literally slid into the train as it closed the doors, which is lucky because they're 20 minutes apart. The town of caiscas is pretty cute, same kind of stucco buildings and colorful veneers as Lisbon. The beach was spectaclar! It was another stellar day, and though the water was chilly (it being the Atlantic) it was a good contrast to the hot sun. We hung on our towels and listened to my awesome portable speaker, and let me tell you Carly Rae Jepsen's Call Me Maybe was played more than a few times...

The fun topic of the day was: if you had a party, what 5 people would you invite? Our top pick, Ke$ha (bryanna you would love these people)! She's in charge of bring the glitter.

All in all the old capital of Lisbon is classing me up just fiiiiine...


Tonight we're going to cook at the hostel, making some salad and seafood goodness before watching a movie. I have decided to go to Lagos in the south on the 7th, so that will be another interesting change of pace.

I'm off to attempt to get the salt and sand out of my ears (and everywhere else...)

1 comment:

  1. I love that dress on you honey, you can make great food while looking fantastic ANY day!!!!

    ReplyDelete