Friday 3 August 2012

Day 0 Has Arrived...

Here I go! On the 746, which amazingly has free wifi, a luxury I doubt exists in Africa, I send you all my first post as I take off on world adventures! My awesome boyfriend in accompaniment to my departure.

Here goes nothin folks!
So I was looking forward to one part of the flight, other than the final destination! Gluten Free Meal Option!
Just as I had ordered, this was it! Now I know airplane food is bad, but this was pretty bad... Very dry, vey rice-ful, and just all around interesting... Sooooo I washed it down with 2 glasses of cheap wine. Whatever, having had a total count of 10 pieces of bacon for brekkie (Sean, looking at you here), who am I to complain abour a little lack of flavour?

Arriving in ponta delgada, I am bemused and slightly set back over the fact that I cannot stay in the terminal itself because they shut down everything and turn the lights off... Damn. 11 hour layover just got REAL. So I check in anyways, and found a nice circular bench-thingy with some local (fake) flora. Woohoo!
Day 0 is officially successful, though I'd love to be back with the wine right about now...

Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment